Miller Poultry is NON-GMO Verified!
Yes, this is a BIG DEAL! We test every load of grain for this certification process
We take the Non-GMO verification very seriously! Our feed mill and farms go through the verification process and approval according to the Non-GMO Project verified specifications. Grains that do not pass this test are turned away and not labeled with the certification of Non-GMO. Miller Poultry chicken has been raised on a diet of certified, non-genetically modified grains. The feed mill and farms go through a certification process to ensure that our grains meet the certification guidelines. Our chickens are raised on a complete non-genetically modified grain diet.
What does “Non-GMO Project Verified seal” mean?
The verification seal indicates that the product bearing the seal has gone through our verification process. Our verification is an assurance that a product has been produced according to consensus-based best practices for GMO avoidance:
- We require ongoing testing of all at-risk ingredients—any ingredient being grown commercially in GMO form must be tested prior to use in a verified product.
- We use an Action Threshold of 0.9%. This is in alignment with laws in the European Union (where any product containing more than 0.9% GMO must be labeled). Absence of all GMOs is the target for all Non-GMO Project Standard compliant products. Continuous improvement practices toward achieving this goal must be part of the Participant’s quality management systems.
- After the test, we require rigorous traceability and segregation practices to be followed in order to ensure ingredient integrity through to the finished product.
- For low-risk ingredients, we conduct a thorough review of ingredient specification sheets to determine absence of GMO risk.
- Verification is maintained through an annual audit, along with onsite inspections for high-risk products.