Sweet and Tangy barbecue sauce is featured on this quick and tasty Chicken sandwich.
Servings: 6 sandwiches
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Broiling time: 2-3 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ cups shredded-cooked Miller Poultry chicken
- 6 sandwich buns
- 1 medium green bell pepper / sliced into rings
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) shredded Mozzarella cheese
For sauce: Melt butter, add chopped onion and Worcestershire sauce and sauté. Then turn down heat and stir in brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, liquid smoke, salt, pepper and vinegar. Mix well and heat until warmed through. Stir in chicken and continue heating until chicken is heated through, 5-10 minutes.
Heat Broiler: Place bottom halves of buns on baking sheet. Divide barbecue chicken mixture evenly among the bun halves. Top with green pepper rings and shredded cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining bun and serve.
|Calories Per Serving:||390|